Leidos Technical Support Analyst in NORCROSS, Georgia
Varec, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a Technical Support analyst. The qualified candidate will provide technical support for all Varec software and hardware products.
This position will require collaboration with internal experts, analyses and understanding of impact on end-user and provide support to team members regarding solution, process and/or approaches to problem resolution.
• Maintains a position on the Varec TSC. The TSC is our single point of entry for all internal and external customers seeking support on all commercially installed Varec Aviation, Terminal Automation, Oil & Gas SCADA systems, Tactical Fuels, and FODD systems, as well as all Varec hardware.
Must also provide support for other products/companies supported by the Varec TSC
• Is a critical role for maintaining and enhancing the relationship we have with each of our customers
• Is assigned problems of moderate scope where analysis of issue or data requires a review of related data. Must exercise good judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Has primary objectives of timely response, quality resolution, and technical expertise of all customer operated Varec/Non-Varec products and services including software and hardware solutions.
• Records internal and external customer issues, inquiries, product deficiencies and change requests in the central repository. Works closely with the customer until the issue has been resolved or passed to another department as dictated by the nature of the given ticket.
• Must maintain an in depth knowledge of products and solutions.
• Coordinates with Engineering, Development, Sales, and Customer Support as needed to address customer issues or inquiries.
• Performs troubleshooting of unique and challenging and complex issues with the Varec solutions at customer sites. Utilize standard concepts in the process of resolving issues.
• Will require on-call responsibilities and shift work.
• Performs other job-related duties and works on special projects as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent and 3+ years’ work experience
• Experience in installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Windows Operating Systems, including IIS, security configuration, networking, setting up domains, Windows Group Policies, Active Directory, services, policies, and DCOM.
• Must have excellent computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, and knowledge of database reporting tools such as Microsoft Reporting Services and Crystal Reports.
• Must have general knowledge and experience to be able to handle unusual and seldom occurring job events with minimal assistance.
• Experience with troubleshooting hardware and software system related issues.
• Must have great communication skills, be self-motivated, attentive to detail, possess the ability to work in a team environment, and have excellent organizational skills
• Candidate must be capable of and willing to follow agency and company procedures
• Two year technical degree and 3+ years related experience.
• Working knowledge of Varec FuelsManager® suite of software and hardware products and services.
• Experience with PLC, SCADA, DCS, or other automation and control systems or components.
• Background with LAN and WAN communications, including WLAN and GPRS wireless technologies
• Experience with SQL Server, virtualization technologies, and Windows Servers in a variety of configurations including advanced server clustered systems.
• Extensive knowledge of computer hardware architecture and Windows Operating Systems in a multi-system environment.
• Familiarity with petroleum industry business practices and standards. To include but not limited to refineries, airports, light product, pipeline, and asphalt terminals.
Referral Bonus Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.