MARKETSOURCE Fleet Parts Bid Specialist in Atlanta, Georgia
Fleet Parts Bid Specialist
MarketSource Inc., an Allegis Group Company, designs and delivers innovative and proven marketing and sales-team solutions for companies of all sizes. MarketSource provides the unique skills and expertise to integrate brand-centric marketing and sales programs in the Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Information Technology and Telecom industries and relevant routes to market including Retail and B2B.
Founded in 1975, MarketSource, Inc. became a subsidiary of Allegis Group, Inc. in 2004. Our Company’s culture centers on our core values: Open Communication, Relationships, Serving Others and Work Ethic.
MarketSource clients rely on the innovative solutions that vertical-specific, subject matter experts consistently deliver. Our team members thrive in a welcoming atmosphere of diversity and inclusion, better than average salaries, and exemplary corporate practices.
MarketSource is based in Alpharetta, GA, and employs nearly 8,000 team members. In 2015, the Atlanta Journal Constitution named MarketSource a “Top 20 Workplace”.
MarketSource is currently seeking a Market Area Bid Specialist to support our Ford program
The Market Area Bid Specialist (MABS) will act as a market area subject matter expert, providing solicitation/proposal process related expertise. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to meet challenging deadlines. It will require strong people management skills and organizational skills.
The MABS will ensure our client dealers and distributor partners are fully equipped to consistently and competitively respond to Bids and RFPs. He or she will work to improve the quality of our client dealer and distributor partners’ proposals by meeting directly with dealers, distributors and procurement manager to ensure stringent adherence to bid requirements and company proposal standards.
The MABS will assume bid identification and notification ownership for their market area, identifying the relevant service / product / business knowledge required to prepare a winning bid, while taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process.
• Assume ownership for assigned bid proposals to insure that all deliverables and milestones are met per internal direction and external proposal specifications up to and including final submission by required deadlines.
• Work closely with the Manager of Government and Commercial Fleet Program manager to identify and chart appropriate course of action on all Bid, RFP, RFQ and RFI’s.
• Document and Share all key information/learnings with all members of the FSO market and G.O. team.
• Obtain thorough working knowledge of Onvia, Bidsync and other related bid search tools.
• Review solicitation documents, provide summaries to market team members and identify tasks/requirements to determine the most effective response approach to insure a compliant response.
• Collaborate with the Dealership, FAD, BOD, FCSD and FSO sales teams and subject matter experts to develop high quality, compliant proposals of varying complexity in response to RFPs/RFIs in the government market.
• Utilize existing proposal tracking format or developed enhanced and approved formats to carry out and track schedule milestones.
• Participate in solicitation management, strategy, and technical solution meetings as appropriate, providing solicitation and proposal process related expertise.
• Use (and develop as needed) proposal content repository tools to apply the appropriate boilerplate content to answer solicitation questions and requirements.
• Work with subject matter experts and other stakeholders to obtain responses and required reviews.
• Edit proposals to ensure correct grammar, usage, syntax and punctuation to ensure it is easily comprehended by the reader. Ensure proposal contains appropriate formatting and that it follows all company standards.
• Work on multiple proposals at the same time and communicate the progress of proposals to management throughout the process.
• Keep document library updated with latest proposal content.
• Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, and finance, commercial, legal and delivery.
• Ensure timely status updates and delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids.
• Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues.
• Arrange all post bid reviews with customers, post contract award and requests for Evaluation results via written request to issuing activity or via Freedom of Information Act requests.
• Support the sales team in coordinating and providing necessary information for handling opportunities through timely and complete response to RFI / RFPs
• Maintain, update and monitor all parts/service bids and proposals supported through the market team
• Promotion of Auto Parts and Service FSO tools at local trade shows
• Bachelor\u0027s degree in business, English, or writing or equivalent experience preferred.
• Must be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.
• Must be comfortable working at a procurement official, CEO / Director Level (internal and external customer)
• Background in proposals, writing, editing, marketing, or related field
• Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills
• Strong proofreading skills and attention to detail
• Ability to comfortably manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources under tight deadlines
• Experience with Microsoft Office required
• Experience with requests for proposals (RFPs) or grant writing a definite plus
• Have full understanding of the competitive marketplace. Sound commercial understanding, P\u0026amp;L, and risk management skills.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
• Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices to comply with local, state and federal regulations.
• Excellent writing and editing skills including excellent grammar and punctuation skills with high attention to details and proven ability to produce quality, written, print ready materials.
• Excellent organization skills, as well as analytical, deductive reasoning, and critical thinking skills including demonstrated ability to understand and use database query/search tools.
• Demonstrated knowledge of contents and layout of typical competitive proposal or standard project management best practice.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines while managing multiple tasks and projects with little supervision.
• Ability to assemble proposal binders and other materials, pack boxes with those materials, and lift and transport boxes in excess of 10 lbs. to shipping location.
MarketSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Sales and Related